Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Internship


It is summer once again, and this year I have the fantastic opportunity to complete an internship overseas. I hope through this blog to keep my family and friends updated on my activities, or any interesting experiences I have along the way. Thats all for now, but I will hopefully edit this again tonight.

Here is a brief overview of the past three days:

On Sunday my Dad and I woke up at the crack of dawn so I could fly out of Atlanta into Philly, PA. There I met a friend and toured downtown Philadelphia. We saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and Ben Franklin's grave. There is a lot of history in Philadelphia, and a lot of blocks to walk in flip flops. I was exhausted by the time we made it CLC (the organization I'm going to the UK with) Headquarters.

Monday proved to be an early start as breakfast was served at 7:15 with a prayer meeting at 8. It was refreshing to see the staff gathered together, worshiping God in song, prayer, and a short devotional. The rest of the day was spent learning the history of CLC, understanding its business structure, and touring its headquarters.

Yesterday our group of 9 interns toured Philly--this time I wisely donned tennis shoes--and visited the nearby CLC bookstores. Again, a high active and very exhausting day!

And today, Wednesday, marks my last few hours in the USA for two months!! We had another prayer meeting at 8 today (another early start). Once again the time proved to be extremely encouraging. We were besought to spend time daily reading God's Word and praying--experiencing a relationship with God, knowing Him. The staff offered prayers for all of us interns, and we were left to breakfast and our last few hours in America.

I am both excited and anxious. What will God teach me while I'm in the UK? How will He change me? How will these next two months impact the rest of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment