Friday, July 9, 2010

Birthday Bash 1!

Yes! Right this minute, my mom and sister are in the air, traveling to London! I will hopefully get some sleep soon, and then rise in a few hours to pick them up, show them the loft, and enjoy a British day.

I rushed home from work in the stifling heat. The bus was almost suffocating, and I was glad for a breeze as I walked from the bus stop to home. Once in my loft, I washed my hair, toured the upstairs loft (where Mom and Laura will stay), and cleaned my room. Kirsten soon arrived and helped me tidy up. We had some time to ourselves and then walked to the train station to pick up the guys.

It was only my second time really meeting Mac, though he seemed cool enough over facebook. On top of that, he said he would cook one night! I relished the idea of not having to cook for myself after work. So Jackson, Mac, Kirsten and I headed to my flat, and made ourselves comfortable.

Mac needed some bell peppers for the stir fry pasta, but when we went to Sainsbury's it had just closed. 20 minutes later we found a small grocery shop which had "fresh" vegetables and food. It was good enough.

The rest of the evening consisted of cooking, talking, laughing, and story telling. We were all glad to be around people our own age whom we semi-knew. We stayed up much later than I am used to (being around young people does that...I remember ridiculously late nights at college just because my roommate and I stayed up talking). Now it is about 1:30 a.m. and I have to wake up at 5:30 to prepare myself and the loft for my family. Sheesh! Not only will Mom and Laura be tired tomorrow, I will be too! :)

So with that, I will take my leave and catch some Zzzz's. Tomorrow is going to be a busy, but fantastic day (Lord willing), and I will most certainly write about it. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lenae, it's Becky at CLC USA. I used to never be able to comment on some Blogger blogs - it always kicked my comment out - but I finally figured out how to beat it! I've been following your blog all summer and really enjoying your frequent updates. It's great to hear how you're growing and how God is answering your prayer that you would draw close to Him on this trip. I heard from Liz too, when she was here recently, that you are a blessing to the folks there. I hope you have a great time with your mom and sister!!

    ReplyDelete