Monday, July 19, 2010

Much to Do

Today was a good day, though tiring.

In the morning I stumbled over piles of bedding, towels, and clothes that I had piled and separated in the kitchen (that is where the washer is). Hmm...I would need to do those tonight.

At work I vacuumed the floor and dusted--part of the daily routine now in the London shop. Who knew there was so much ground to cover on just one floor?! The vacuum smiled at me as I maneuvered it around bookcases and desks. Time for staff prayer! Time to begin!

The day was slow at first; not many people came in. However, as lunch time hit, the shop suddenly bustled. It was all very good.

I finished two Sudoku puzzles on the way home from work: one easy and one moderate. I was working on the "difficult" one when the bus halted at my stop. I made mental plans to eat something, transfer all my stuff from upstairs to downstairs, wash some clothes, and go to bed. I was pleasantly surprised, when I reached the door, to find that a letter from my parents and a package from my college roommate had arrived! Hurray!

I ate some soup, transferred a few belongings to my lower flat, and promptly fell asleep on my bed. I am now awake though...groggy and thinking that I left much of what I planned to do undone. So I decided to blog (not one of the things on my list, but still stress relieving!). I am wary to go to bed because I know when I wake up I will have to do it all again, and I'm already tired. I'm not even sure that makes sense.

I have loved my time in the U.K. I have not been homesick much, but when Mom and Laura were waiting in line at the airport, I realized I would soon be too, and my heart yearned for home (i.e. the U.S. "home"). I hope I can get everything done before I leave. So much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment