Monday, July 26, 2010

Good-Bye Party

This was my last day working at the shop, but it certainly didn't feel that way. It felt like just another day in the bookshop, serving customers and chatting with my co-workers.

After work we all headed over to my manager's house for a "good-bye" party for me. They had ordered Chinese and prepared coffee, and it was all beautiful. Praise and worship music played softly in the background as we all sat around and talked.

The food was good, and the company was even better. I did my best to express what each of them meant to me, by creating and writing in a huge card. They have been my family here in the U.K., and I feel especially tied to them. As I sit here writing this, I feel the sadness I knew would eventually come from having to say good-bye.

After the meal, we had cake and coffee. By the time they all gave me the farewell card, we were all too tired for goodbye speeches. I really wish I could express how each of them has impacted me. I feel like I am almost completely different from who I was when I arrived in the U.K. God has been working a lot on me, and I am so very thankful.

You know the belonging everyone is always looking for? I found it. Yes, it is in Christ, but I never imagined it could be in Christ in such an international setting. These people who are not related to me physically, but spiritually, have become so close to my heart in such a short time. I feel like I shouldn't be leaving, you know? Like this is where I should be (even though I know that it is time to go back).

I will miss everyone. I will miss the schedule here. I will miss London (which I thought I would hate, at first). I will miss the work, which is such an amazing ministry. At this juncture, I want to serve more here with CLC. Lots of prayer and time would go into a decision like that, but for now, the desire is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment