Friday, July 2, 2010

Oxford University

Oxford University is not located on Oxford Street, the busy shopping street in downtown London. In fact, Oxford University is located in a city called Oxford, about 2-3 hours from where I live.

The transport from London to Oxford is a nifty bus called the Oxford Tube. It is a posh double decker bus with air conditioning, click on lights, and a sound system. It was a good thing too, because the trip is not a short one.

It was so exciting to spend time with Ruthie, a friend from Cedarville who just finished a year of studying at Oxford. She showed me around town, her flat, and the sights. We ate at the pub the "Inklings" discussed theology at, and we even saw the doorway that inspired C.S. Lewis for Narnia. Oxford was a small town with a little "city" feel.

I really loved the drive to and from Oxford because I got to see the country-side. There were cows and sheep and horses and llamas. And this was my first time out of the London area, so it was just a good experience overall.

My ears are doing much better thanks to prayer and antibiotics. God really blessed me today with the ability to carry out my plans to visit Ruthie (which I was not sure would happen). It was so encouraging to hear her talk about her experiences in Oxford, and to share my experiences from London. God has really grown us both, and He knew that I needed this time with my friend.

I'm not sure if this post makes much sense, because I am dead-dog tired. After saying good-bye to Ruthie, I got back on the Oxford Tube and then the train, getting back home around 10:10 p.m. I waited at the station for Sarah Jane (another intern from CIU) until 10:25, and then we went to my flat. We cooked supper and prepared for bed. She is leaving for Paris tomorrow, and I will be leaving for work. I'm very glad to be able to be up and about. Maybe God will bring some interesting customers in tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment