Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow, I have been so busy! Allow me to quickly outline the past few days:

Saturday:
  • pick up Mom and Laura from the airport
  • go to Madame Tussands (the wax museum)
  • go to the National Galary
  • go to "Oliver" and a cafe afterwards
  • freak out while in a bad part of London at 12:20 a.m. not sure if the bus would come
Sunday:
  • try to go to Petticoat Lane Market, but find three other markets instead while lost
  • eat international food from the markets, and love it
  • walk along the river Thames and see street performers, the London Eye, and Big Ben
  • walk to Parliament, walk to Westminster Abbey, walk along Victoria Road--just about die of walking
  • go to church at All Soul's Church on Regent's ST.
  • get home around 10 p.m.
Monday:
  • go to work
  • get a "Birthday Girl" button from a random man on the train who just happened to have the button on his bag
  • talk with Dad, who woke up at 4 a.m. to tell me "Happy Birthday" at 9 a.m. my time
  • celebrate my BIRTHDAY with my coworkers who decorated the kitchen, bought me gifts and cake, and gave me cards!
  • go with Laura and Mom out to eat and save about $10 because of a food voucher!
  • see WICKED...AMAZING!!!
  • get home around midnight
Tuesday:
  • go to work
  • meet Mom and Laura at Westminster Abbey for Evensong (an evening service consisting mainly of a choir singing Psalms)
  • take them grocery shopping at Sainsbury's
  • eat snacks for supper at the flat
  • go to sleep by 11:30
Wednesday:
  • go to work
  • leave work early to go to Bunty's house (a British co-worker) for tea and cake
  • eat home-made vanilla and blackberry ice cream with fruitcake and coffee/tea while listening to Bunty's Scottish/English husband tell stories
  • got to IKEA with Carol
  • come back to the flat and sleep (hopefully by 1 a.m.)
So, as you can see, it has been a busy week! I look forward to every new day, and I have loved spending time with my family and friends. Though things rarely ever go as planned, God has kept us safe and has given us quality time with each other. I'm almost running on empty here, so please pray that God will keep me (and Mom and Laura) strong. I need to continue seeing CLC as a ministry. Thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment