Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Being an Adult is Difficult...You Have to do Laundry Even When Sick

Yes, I am ill.

Despite my attempts to rest much, eat healthily, and stay clean, I have a sore throat. I admit, I felt it coming on about a week ago, but ignored the tickle until today. This morning I woke up with a full blown ache in my throat and a severe desire to stay in bed. But, as Sarah was leaving this morning (and my co-workers were expecting me in the shop), I could not stay in bed.

Sarah left for the airport and I left for work, but things didn't get much better. I took some meds, but my head started feeling fuzzy and I had a hard time focusing on price tags and numbers. Lunch left me feeling full but still sick. Petra and Carol told me I could go home early and get some rest.

So that is what I have done. I got home around 4 and slept until 8, when I woke up and realized I had no clothes for tomorrow. Laundry HAD to be done, even if only one load. The loft is a bit out of order too. And I needed to blog/check my e-mails. That is what I am doing now, and I'm desperately looking forward to resting again.

Keep me in your prayers please. This has been a good week, and it would be disappointing to be out of commission for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment