Thursday, June 17, 2010

Internship Goals

Today is Thursday, the long day at work, however...I am not there. No, I am in my bed at my loft, resting. The dreaded sore throat has diminished, but my head has not ceased to pound. (There are so many different meanings of pound: to hit something hard, a measurement of weight, a U.K. monetary unit, etc--this comment is free of charge)

Anyway, I thought I would inform you of my goals for this internship:

Learn
1. How London culture is different than "American"
2. What a Christian Londoner looks like
3. How London churches function with such ethnic diversity
Become
1. Tidy
2. Engaging, personable, and honest in all my conversations
3. Discerning in regards to people's needs at a particular moment
4. Bold and Determined in my exploration of the city
Do
1. My job at the bookstore with confidence and efficiency
2. A meal I did not know how to cook before
3. Memorize 5 chapters of Scripture
4. Read 5 books

Now that you know my goals, this is what I have accomplished so far: I have cooked lasagna (well, it was close enough to lasagna), memorized Psalm 4, read 2 books (Never Let You Go by Erin Healy, and When Love Ends: and the Ice Cream Carton Is Empty by Jackie Johnson), and learned a lot about London. I hope to be able to check these goals off at the end of my time, and already I feel like I am making good headway!

When you read this, remember me in prayer please.

No comments:

Post a Comment