Monday, June 7, 2010

Busy Weekend, Crowded Mind

I am thinking about a lot tonight.

I am thinking about what a great time I had with Sarah this weekend. Though she had to sleep on my loft floor (the love-seat is too small), she was cheerful and excited from Saturday night through Monday morning. What a blessing it was to go to All Souls Church (the church John Stott used to preach at/attend) with her, and what a surprise to find the Moody Bible Institute Choir there! They were finishing up a 3 week tour of the U.K. (I think), and hearing the ensemble was like listening to the angels sing praises to God.

I am thinking about something I read in "Forgotten God," today. We need to stop asking God what His will is for our lives, and start asking for daily guidance. I can understand what He means. Sometimes it is overwhelming to think I don't know what direction I'm headed, or what ministry I should prepare for vocationally, but how can I legitimately worry about such big things, while I overlook God's prodding (in this moment) to talk to the woman sitting next to me? God told Abraham to move, and he did, not knowing where He was going to end up. I don't want to get stuck wondering about an overall vision for my life, when I am actually living life now. Every moment I wish for the future, my present slips away as my past. I don't want to be so busy pondering life, that I do not live it now.

I'm thinking about my family and friends. I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment