Thursday, June 3, 2010

Smorgeousboard

I never know what will happen after my day begins. Every moment is an opportunity for the unexpected...though most of the time things are fairly ordinary. :)

This was the first Thursday I worked in the bookshop. Thursdays are our long days: arriving at 9, opening at 10, and leaving at 7:30. I am familiar with the shop and system enough to be fairly efficient now, which is encouraging, and just like on a farm, "the work is never done!" There are always more CDs to alphabetize, posters to price, and books to look up. By the end of the day I have just enough energy to go home, make supper, and go to bed. (And to make a mental note, once again, to wear comfortable shoes the next day!) My idea of reading one book per week and writing letters quite often is proving to be more of an ideal than a reality.

My mind is leaping around, so bear with the random topics.

God has really been close to me this past week. Or perhaps I have been really close to Him, seeing as how He does not move. Anyway, I have been impressed by Him. Did you know He satisfies? He always provides. For instance, this morning I left my loft, but then realized it was cold and went back for my jacket. While inside my bedsit, I saw two very important things I would have left in my loft if I had not gone back. Did God make the morning cold so I would go back and not leave things? Probably not, but I did thank Him for chilly air and my subsequent discovery.

I had some pretty good pasta and a sandwich for lunch. Tesco (a grocery store) has a 2 pound deal (drink, crisps--i.e. chips--and a sandwich/wrap/pasta) that has supplied my lunch twice now.

You know what one of my greatest fears used to be? Monotony. I was afraid my life would be everyday ho-hum. Get up, go to school (or work), eat, come home, eat, sleep. But I guess what keeps everything from being monotonous are the people. Our relationships--and I'm talking about all types of relationships--spice up our lives. I should never be so wrapped up in my life that I fail to see the need of someone else.

It is funny, but I find myself trying not to speak too much on the train/bus/and even in the shop. As soon as you open your mouth people know you are American, and they put stereotypes on you. It's a new experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment