Thursday, June 10, 2010

Free Day

Today is a long day for my co-workers, who get out at 7:00 instead of 5:30, but for me it is a day off--a much needed day of rest.

I got up at 10 a.m. today, read my Bible, ate breakfast, and decided what to do with myself. Sleeping in brought new life to my tired self, and despite the foggy morning, I had a cheery outlook. Before long I headed out to get my hair cut and get some lunch. I ordered my first "Fish and Chips" (don't be deceived, it's really fried fish and french fries), but had to get them to-go so I could make it in time for my hair appointment.

Have you ever noticed how refreshing it is to get a hair cut? It's like a new beginning, a fresh start, a weight off the shoulders (go ahead, chuckle, you know it was a good play on words). A good friend of mine once told me that if a girl does something dramatic for/to herself, like a new hairstyle, new clothes, a change of some sort, it usually means she has made a big decision. She is declaring something. It may not always be true, but it is certainly something to ponder.

I rushed home with my food and ate the meal at my desk. It was fantastic, despite not being hot. Who knew such a strange combination was so tasty? The British, thats who :) I proceeded to sit on my loveseat and read a novel, which I just finished. I called my mother, got online, and am relaying it all back to you now.

For me it is already 4:45, and weariness is already setting back in. I have a big weekend ahead of me. Prayer has become my lifeline, and God's strength is what I must lean on everyday. I'm trying to find a good Bible study to become a part of. As you join with me in prayer, please remember that request.

No comments:

Post a Comment