Monday, June 14, 2010

A Brilliant Day

Three thoughts went through my mind as I sat on the bus going home today:
1. I am so tired!
2. That African woman is so beautiful!
3. I can't believe Michael Jackson is dead. I wonder if the people here know who he was.

It is actually not that unusual for my mind to be going in 200 different directions in one moment, but it does make it sweet when I have time to rest. Which I can hardly explain how wonderful it was to come home to my loft and find it clean and sparkling. Sarah Collier, who had taken the day off and just chilled in my loft, had also cleaned it. It set my mind at ease to see everything in its place. What a blessing.

The second exciting thing that happened tonight was that Petra took Sarah, Carol, and myself to IKEA. I had never been before, but my International Business professor at CU had ranted and raved about it, so I had high expectations. Those expectations were met and exceeded! What a fantastic store! What great prices and cool items! Seriously, if anyone is looking for some fun shopping or just an hour of amazing window shopping--go to IKEA.

I really must let you know--it is not easy to have daily devotions and prayer time. It is easy to find films to watch, people to talk to, and books to distract me from God. But why would I want to be kept from Him? Probably sin--the flesh. It is quite illogical really: when my soul is restless or ashamed, God is the only One who will calm me and lift my guilt. When I hide my sin, He is the One who exposes it, but also washes it away. I am so full of praise for my Savior and King. I'm not perfect, but my God is. He deserves our praise and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment