Saturday, June 19, 2010

Flying

So last night I had one of my rare flying dreams. I can't remember everything that was going on, but I know that I was running around town like a maniac with friends, trying to make plans for what we were going to do. All of a sudden I found myself in a glider/hot air balloon thing. I could rise and fall and turn through the air at will. While I was in the air I saw a hot air balloon with a couch attached to it instead of a basket--the side of the couch had something about "just married" on it. But as I glided up and down, I suddenly realized the couch had four people sitting on it instead of two! We all descended and I recognized my girl friends. Two of them were my roommate (Rebekah)'s little sisters! They started talking to me about planning to go to a concert, but we would all have to fly to Korea to get there. Korea?! And they acted like that was no big deal...

I woke up to a sun-shiny day and smiled. My healthy has almost fully returned, and it is my day off. I plan to clean my loft, go out with Sue and Paul (a couple from work), and then come home to a novel.

Amidst all these big plans and flying dreams, I want to share what I read in 1 Samuel 10 today. It's the story of Samuel anointing Saul, the first king of Israel. Samuel told Saul, "And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be tuned into another man" (verse 6) and then in verse 9, "And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day."

Wow. I really want that, so I prayed that God would "turn me into another woman," a woman whose heart is completely sold out to Him. I was given "another heart" as well as God's Spirit when I was saved, but I long for my completion, my sanctification. I ask that He change me daily. How great, to know Him and become like Him.

1 comment:

  1. What a funny dream...Korea? But I suppose that is no big deal..lived there for 5 years! :) I'm so glad that your health has returned and that you are continuing to learn more about our Savior. I really can' wait for the day when I get to sit down with you and a cup of hot coffee and you can tell me of all your adventures. Basically, I miss you roomie.

    ReplyDelete