Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Could Live Here

When I was on the train the other day, a crazy thought struck me...I could live here, in England. For instance, what if I had a 2 year internship with CLC instead of a 2 month one? Would that be enough time to become a vital part of a growing church here? Anyway, if it wasn't, I could stay longer...

I found myself day dreaming about the attractive aspects of London culture: the pace of life, the diversity of people, the million things to do. I love public transport (buses, trains, undergrounds, or trams--give me anything!). I love ministering to people every day. Sure, working in the bookstore can be a bit monotonous, or tedious, but when I remember again that I am showing Christ's love to others, the tasks take on a new luster.

I could do this, I mean, really do this. I might not be with CLC, but I know that I want to serve people, share the Gospel, and be a light. How awesome would that be? I have never realized all the possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. I love what the Lord has been showing you Lenae & I completely agree... what a beautiful culture... I'm with you with the people and public transportation... God is so good..I got to talk with a friend who works with a mission board yesterday and she was telling me about the work they plan to continue to do in London... so exciting to see God at work. Love you & praying for you! God has awesome things in store for you that He has yet to show you!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete